Highlighting bug

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

jobemakar

Highlighting bug

Post by jobemakar »

Hi,

This bug doesn't really present a problem for me. But I thought I'd report. First, a quirk or oversight. If I use control + f to search for something, that string gets highlighted yellow. I don't see a way to clear that search.

The above is what lead me to this next thing. Note that I have not tried to reproduce it, so I am not sure if these steps a what is required. Hopefully this is enough info.
[*] Start logging
[*] Use control + f to search for something
[*] Use control + e to clear
[*] Allow new logs to stream in
[*] Observe that the entire contents of every new logged line is highlighted yellow

I've seen this a couple of times now. As mentioned above, I'm not sure if this is an easy repro or if it is rare. I'll keep my eyes open.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Highlighting bug

Post by admin »

Hello,

To clear a search result, you can click on the bottom bar part that contains "Text: search: ..." (then all highlights will be turned off until you make a new search).

As for the bug that occurs when you flush a file, thank you for your report, we have now reproduced and fixed this bug (in v5.4.1 that should be released in a few days).

Yet, when we reproduced this bug, only one table cell was highlighted (same column/row as the previously highlighted text), and not the entire contents of every new log entry. But anyway, the correction we have now made also forbids all kind of highlighting until a new search is made, so it should be fine.

Xavier
jobemakar

Re: Highlighting bug

Post by jobemakar »

Wow, thanks for the tip. I never would have noticed that!