Command line documentation

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

jobemakar

Command line documentation

Post by jobemakar »

Hi,

Where can I find information about how to launch LogMX from the command line and control it? Here is specifically what we want to achieve:
* Launch LogMX
* Open a specific LogManager with the default settings

We've created a socket manager that behaves the way we want. It will help us move a little more quickly if we have this ability.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Command line documentation

Post by admin »

Hello,

The syntax for command line mode is displayed when you start LogMX from a shell using the "--console" option:
On Windows:

Code: Select all

logmx.bat --console
On Linux:

logmx.sh --console
On Mac:

logmx.command --console
If you simply want to open a log for your custom Manager that handles -for example- the protocol "foo", you simply have to use:

logmx.bat --console foo://myURLforThisManager
If you are not sure about the syntax for the URL, first open your file in LogMX Graphical mode, then copy its URL from the URL bar in main window toolbar.

Using the options listed by the "--console" option, you can also open a log in AutoRefresh mode with some alerts already configured.

Xavier
jobemakar

Post by jobemakar »

Thanks. I am having trouble with getting this right though. Here is the URL for my log manager:

glog://TCP:h5g212/10.10.95.12:4455
Here is what I entered (on Windows):

logmx.bat --console glog://TCP:h5g212/10.10.95.12:4455
Here is what I see:

**SYNTAX ERROR: Please specify at least one option for console mode.
Also, just so it is clear what I am after - after this command is run, I do want it to automatically open LogMX in graphical mode with that log manager tab in view.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, sorry, I didn't understand you need to open the Graphical mode from the command line. In this case you just need to remove the "--console" option:

logmx.bat glog://TCP:h5g212/10.10.95.12:4455
Please note that depending on your URL and your Windows version, you may need to surround it with quotes so that the Windows command line doesn't interpret some of its special characters ("=", "?", ...) (personally I would recommend to always use them):

logmx.bat "glog://TCP:h5g212/10.10.95.12:4455"