Currently selected log entry lost when hiding emitter

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

Ian Gralinski

Currently selected log entry lost when hiding emitter

Post by Ian Gralinski »

(Reproducible in version 5.4.4)
Show entries from two different emitters, then select an entry from one of these emitters. Disable showing entries from the emitter that does not correspond to the currently selected entry. The selected log entry will now disappear from view.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Currently selected log entry lost when hiding emitter

Post by admin »

Hello,

I'm not sure to really understand. Here is what I did to reproduce using v5.4.4:
  1. I have two entries A & B. Entry A is emitted by EA, and B is emitted by EB.
  2. I select entry A (by clicking on it)
  3. I hide entries emitted by EB (by clicking on the "E" icon at the left of EB's name)
  4. Entry A is still displayed, but not selected anymore
Do you simply mean that A should be selected AND that the entries table should be automatically scrolled to the point where A would be visible on the step 4? If yes, you are right, it is not really nice having to look for A. We will fix it in v5.5.0 or in the next release. But if, on your side, the entry A is not present anymore (i.e. even after manually scrolling inside the entries table), then please let me know, it will be a more important bug to fix ASAP (but we cannot reproduce it at this time).

Thank you.
Xavier
Ian Gralinski

Re: Currently selected log entry lost when hiding emitter

Post by Ian Gralinski »

Your first interpretation is correct - the entries table should be automatically scrolled to the point where A would be visible in step 4.