logMX fail to launch

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

anouar

logMX fail to launch

Post by anouar »

Hello,

I didn't succeed in running logMX (V6 with an evaluation licence) under centos 7.2 with a secured server (not by me).

The only thing i see is the splash screen and then nothing happens.

the log file generated is attached bellow.

how can i troubleshoot what's going on?

Regards

PS : I did my experiment earlier on a ubuntu 16.04 server and it went right i have my parser ready a displaying my log file correctly with specific columns.
Attachments
logMX.png
logMX.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 13993 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: logMX fail to launch

Post by admin »

Hello,

I understand what happens (Java couldn't create a mouse cursor because its image couldn't be loaded properly), but I don't understand why. Could you please let me know what you get if you type "java -version" in a shell? (I'm interested in the complete output: java version + JVM type / vendor). Also, are you in a headless environment? (e.g. ssh on this host without any support for graphics).

Xavier
anouar

Post by anouar »

Hi,

Thanx for the quick reply.

The output of java - version is :

openjdk version "1.8.0_102"
Openjdk Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14)
Openjdk 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

I don't use a headless environment i tried to launch logMX from a gnome session.

Anouar,

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

We strongly recommend using Oracle VMs (JRE or JDK), since we previously had many issues with OpenJDK. If you cannot uninstall OpenJDK that's fine, you can use a stand-alone private JRE/JDK only for LogMX, thanks to the setting "JAVA_PATH" in the file "<LogMXRootDir>/startup.conf".

Link to download Oracle JDK/JRE for Linux: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... index.html

Please let me know if you still have any trouble.

Xavier