Auto refresh losing markers for error/severe message

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

isheedm

Auto refresh losing markers for error/severe message

Post by isheedm »

I was watching a log file using the auto-refresh functionality. I saw an error message appear and scroll off the screen. I waited until my program was done and in the meantime, LogMX auto refreshed the log contents. I noticed that some emitters were still using a red font, but the small error marker on the right side of the scrolling window was gone. I had to use the Reload File to get the marker back.

This looks like a bug to me.

David
admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto refresh losing markers for error/severe message

Post by admin »

Hello,

Do you talk about the small summary square:

or about markers for each error/warning?:

If it's about small summary square, it is a nominal behavior if you have defined a number (N) of maximum log entries to display, while LogMX is auto-refreshing file content: if the last N entries are not error, the small summary square is not red anymore. Of course, when you perform a full file reload, no "entries limit" is used, and the red square comes back.
If it's about individual markers, it should also be due to the same "entries number limit" effect, but all markers should not disappear at the same time.

If you have not enabled entries limit, I don't know where it comes from, since I couldn't reproduce your problem without enabling entries limit.

Xavier.
isheedm

Re: Auto refresh losing markers for error/severe message

Post by isheedm »

Yes, I am talking about the small summary square.

I do have the "maximum number of entries" feature enabled.

Thanks for the explanation.