Opening LogMX

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

Logrp

Opening LogMX

Post by Logrp »

How can I open the LogMX with several displaying files by defect?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

To open LogMX with several files, simply selec them in Windows Explorer, right-click them, and choose "Open with LogMX". If you can't see this option, start LogMX, go to "Tools" > "Options" > "General". Then click the button "Windows Explorer integration".

You can also use the command line to open LogMX, by puting these files in your command line.

What do you mean by "by defect" ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK for your answer by private message :wink: I answer you on this post so that it can help other users :idea:
Here is a solution: create a shortcut to:
"LogMXApplication" "file1" "file2" "file3" ....

Example:
Create a shortcut containing:
"C:\Program files\LogMX\LogMX.exe" "C:\My log files\log1.txt" "C:\My log files\log2.txt" "C:\My log files\log3.txt" "C:\My log files\log4.txt" "C:\My log files\log5.txt"

Now when you double-click this shortcut, LogMX will start with all your 5 files already opened, without "manual opening"
Note: you need LogMX v1.2.3 or later to open several files at startup. If you don't have this version, you can get it here: http://www.logmx.com/p_download.php

Feel free to let me know if you don't manage to start LogMX this way
Logrp

Post by Logrp »

Thank you. Thats ok.

But, I open the LogXM using LogMX.bat because I have updated the JVM_OPTIONS parameter.
Is it possible to add something in the LogXM.bat to do the same functionality?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You're right, there's a mistake in "LogMX.bat", sorry about that. You can't start LogMX with "LogMX.bat" with several files to open.
=> You have two solutions:
  1. Fix the file "LogMX.bat" to use it : at the end of file, in line

Code: Select all

java %JVM_OPTIONS% -cp %LOGMX_CLASSPATH% %LOGMX_MAIN% %1
    replace "%1" with "%*". Now replace "LogMX.exe" with "LogMX.bat" in your shortcut.
  2. You can also use LogMX.exe with a customized JVM_OPTIONS parameter: you can modify file "launcher.cfg" in LogMX directory: after 3°), the line starting with "-Xmx302m -cp....." begins with the JVM options: you can set them here.
File "LogMX.bat" will be fixed as shown above in the next release.