Folders in Bookmarks

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
isheedm

Folders in Bookmarks

Post by isheedm »

I have enough bookmarks that the new Open Bookmark menu in v5.1.0 can't show them all on the screen. The menu doesn't scroll, so I can't see all of them.

If you could add Folders to the bookmark list, that would help me organize them and allow them to be used from the Open Bookmark menu
admin
Site Admin

Re: Folders in Bookmarks

Post by admin »

Hello,

Allowing folders in bookmarks is a good idea, thank you :D .
This feature request is now added to our roadmap (no planned date for now).

In the meantime, to open a bookmark within a very large list of bookmarks, here is a an idea:
  1. Prefix all your bookmarks with the name you would give to your (sub)folder(s) (eg. "production > server2 > logfile1.log"), then re-order all your bookmarks alpha-numerically using the button "Rearrange by name" in the "Manage bookmarks" window
  2. Then to choose the bookmark to open, use the shortcut Ctrl+B (or menu "Bookmarks", then "Manage bookmarks"): all your bookmarks should be grouped by "folder" and "sub-folder", with a vertical scroll. Simply double-click on the required bookmark(s) to open it(them).
Xavier
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

Thanks. I already sort them by name as you suggest.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

Better late than never :roll:, LogMX v7.2.0 that was just released now allows you to store your bookmarks in (sub)folders (tree of any depth)

Xavier