Keep current row when removing filter

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
obarak

Keep current row when removing filter

Post by obarak »

Hi,

Many times when I analyze a log, I'm using a filter to find the row I want, and then want to see the context around that row. To do that I remove the filter. The problem is the highlighted row returns to row number 1, and I need to manually scroll down for that row I was in... It would be great if the default behavior when changing/removing a filter is to remain on the last row that was highlighted (assuming it's still visible).

Thanks,
Omer
admin
Site Admin

Re: Keep current row when removing filter

Post by admin »

Hello Omer,

You're right, thank you for your feedback.
This will be fixed in the next release (v5.2.0 which should be available in a fews weeks, I will let you know by posting a message on this topic).

In the meantime, you can bookmark the selected log entry (Ctrl+F2), then after removing the filter, use F2 to go back to bookmarked entry.

Xavier
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Omer,

LogMX v5.2.0 is now available, and includes (among many other great features), a fix for this issue: now you simply have to click on a log entry (i.e. select/highlight it) before removing one or more filter(s) to automatically get back to this entry once the filter(s) has been removed.

Xavier
obarak

Post by obarak »

Works like a charm, thanks :-)