Add more organizing buttons to Bookmarks

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
isheedm

Add more organizing buttons to Bookmarks

Post by isheedm »

I have a lot of bookmarks (62), and it would be very useful to have buttons to move an entry to the top, and move one to the bottom. That can make organizing faster instead of clicking the "up" or "down" buttons many times.

It would also be nice to be able to sort the entries in the list by name. This could be done with a button, or a popup menu. It would also be nice to be able to temporarily sort by clicking on the table header row. However, I would want to get back to the default sorting, so that may require you to add an "ID" column to the table to allow someone to recover the original sort order.

In summary:

A button to move an entry to the top
A button to move an entry to the bottom
A button/menu to sort items permanently by name
Temporary sort by clicking on header rows
Add ID column to recover original order

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Add more organizing buttons to Bookmarks

Post by admin »

Hello isheedm,

Thank you for your ideas, we will add a button to permanently sort bookmarks by name, and popup menu options "move to top", "move to bottom" on bookmarks (window will contain 8 buttons, so we will use a new popup menu to avoid 10 buttons in a window :wink:).

As for temporary bookmarks sort, once bookmarks are sorted, you would not be able to move them up/down (but instead you may have to modify a possible "order" from a new table column, dealing with duplicate orders...). Maybe you would like such a feature to find a bookmark easily... It seems a bit confusing for users (to me). What if we use the feature to permanently sort all bookmarks by name, and clicking "Cancel"?

Xavier
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

As far as sorting goes, I still would like a menu to sort by name. Maybe a better idea is to always open the window in name-sorted order. If you click on the table headers and temporarily resort the display, as you say, you can hit cancel and reopen it to get to the original sort order. Hopefully that won't be confusing.

The permanent name sorting is the most important thing to me. I've noticed that many other software programs have the ability to sort by clicking on table headers, so that is what I was thinking of, but it isn't as important.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello isheedm,

LogMX v4.0.1 is now released, and includes all these features (move bookmark to top/bottom, and temporary/permanent sort)

Xavier