Thanks for a great product.
I have run into a bug with a custom parser that provides additional columns. Reloading a file with a custom parser where user defined columns have been hidden causes the columns to reappear.
The setup is the following:
- Register custom parser to handle Log4JXML format
- Hide additional columns provided by custom parser
- Change width of columns
- Save these columns size & and state as default settings
- Disable auto refresh
- Add the additional columns in the Entry details settings ...
The steps to reproduce the issue are:
- Open a Log4JXML formatted file
- Reload the file or press F5 (doesn't matter if new entries have been added to the file)
- Custom columns appear
The additional columns remains hidden (respect default settings), and the columns layout would be:
ID | Timestamp | Emitter | Level | Message
The additional columns appear even though they are disabled. Actual column layout is:
ID | Timestamp | Emitter | Level | Message | Col 1 | Col 2 | Col 3
Closing the file and reopening it respects the default column settings.