export reports (CSV and etc...) via Java API

Here developers can talk about how to write a Manager for LogMX

Moderator: admin

uriko

export reports (CSV and etc...) via Java API

Post by uriko »

Hi

I need to export to CSV.

Is it possible doing so via the JAVA API ?

Thanks

Uri
admin
Site Admin

Re: export reports (CSV and etc...) via Java API

Post by admin »

Hello,

Here are a few points about the "Export" feature:
  • Only "Professional" versions include this feature (i.e. a license has to be purchased)
  • This feature (accessible from "Tools" > "Export log entries") allows you to export log entries to a CSV, XML, or HTML file, or a new LogMX file tab
  • Using the current version (v2.0.2), you can use this Export feature only using LogMX GUI (i.e. manual procedure), but the next release will come with a "Console mode", which will allow export of log file(s) directly from the command line (i.e. automatic procedure). I will let you know when this release will be available by replying to this post.
Xavier.
admin
Site Admin

Re: export reports (CSV and etc...) via Java API

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v2.0.3 is now released and provides an Export feature in Console mode. It's not an API, but you can call LogMX from your program and give it the right options through the command line.
To export your log entries, just use the following command:

Windows:

Code: Select all

logmx.bat --console --export <csv | xml | html> [--all] --output <output_file> <input_file1> [ ... <input_fileN> ]
Linux:

Code: Select all

logmx.sh --console --export <csv | xml | html> [--all] --output <output_file> <input_file1> [ ... <input_fileN> ]
Feel free to post a message here if you have any question or problem.

Xavier.