Log file alerts option

For those who have trouble installing LogMX

Moderator: admin

tvops

Log file alerts option

Post by tvops »

I have an alert setup to run a script when certain text is parsed. In the Program alert editor screen, I have the script set to run, with "%e" in the Parameters field. This outputs the entire line including entry ID, timestamp, level, emitter, and message, when I only want the timestamp and message to be sent to the script. Is this possible to do within LogMX?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Log file alerts option

Post by admin »

Hello,

There is no such feature for now in LogMX, but it's a good idea. Maybe we can add an optional suffix to specify an individual log entry field: for example %e{message}, or %e{timestamp} (and of course we would keep the possibility to use just %e to output the complete log entry). What do you think?

Xavier
tvops

Post by tvops »

That would be perfect. I was actually trying "%e message" and a few other variables to see if I was simply missing something.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK great, added to our backlog. We will post a message in this thread when the feature will be available.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

This feature is now available in the new LogMX version 7.11.0 :)
You can now use %e{message}, %{date}, %{level}... to include just the entry message, date, level... in an external program command line or email when an alert is triggered (sorry it was actually released 2 weeks ago, but I missed the reminder about posting a message here)

Please let me know if you have any question.

Xavier