GotoSource plugin not working with IntelliJ 2021.2.2

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

ajk

GotoSource plugin not working with IntelliJ 2021.2.2

Post by ajk »

I had been using the GotoSource plugin with Intellij, but one of the recent IntelliJ updates (I don't remember which one) caused the plugin to stop working. I get an error with a stack trace (shown below) when Intellij starts.

I'm using LogMX version 8.1.0 and the plugin from the release named "LogMX GotoSource IntelliJ IDEA v2016-and-later Plug-in.zip". Is there a newer version of the plugin available somewhere or will the plugin be updated to support IntelliJ 2021?

Thanks.
Andy

Plugin 'com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource' failed to initialize and will be disabled. Please restart IntelliJ IDEA.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource.idea.GotoSourceApplicationContext
PluginClassLoader(plugin=PluginDescriptor(name=LogMX GotoSource, id=com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource, descriptorPath=plugin.xml, path=~\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2021.2\plugins\LogMX GotoSource IntelliJ IDEA Plug-in, version=1.0.2, package=null), packagePrefix=null, instanceId=70, state=active)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:235)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.registerComponent(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:441)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.registerComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:380)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.access$registerComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:58)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.registerComponents(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:255)
at com.intellij.openapi.client.ClientAwareComponentManager.registerComponents(ClientAwareComponentManager.kt:63)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$initApplication$2$1.accept(ApplicationLoader.kt:77)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$initApplication$2$1.accept(ApplicationLoader.kt)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAcceptNow(CompletableFuture.java:753)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAcceptStage(CompletableFuture.java:731)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenAccept(CompletableFuture.java:2108)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$initApplication$2.apply(ApplicationLoader.kt:75)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$initApplication$2.apply(ApplicationLoader.kt)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniCompose.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:1072)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$Completion.run(CompletableFuture.java:478)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$initApplication$3.execute(ApplicationLoader.kt:107)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniComposeStage(CompletableFuture.java:1118)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenComposeAsync(CompletableFuture.java:2246)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenComposeAsync(CompletableFuture.java:143)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader.initApplication(ApplicationLoader.kt:65)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.intellij.idea.a.a(a.java:87)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.bK.a(bK.java:123)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.aV.a(aV.java:310)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.aQ.a(aQ.java:291)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.aQ.c(aQ.java:197)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.aQ.b(aQ.java:111)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniRunNow(CompletableFuture.java:815)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniRunStage(CompletableFuture.java:799)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenRun(CompletableFuture.java:2121)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.intellij.ide.a.j.aQ.a(aQ.java:110)
at com.intellij.idea.MainImpl.start(MainImpl.java:81)
at com.intellij.idea.StartupUtil.lambda$start$16(StartupUtil.java:283)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniCompose.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:1072)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(CompletableFuture.java:506)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1705)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1692)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.topLevelExec(ForkJoinPool.java:1020)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.scan(ForkJoinPool.java:1656)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1594)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:183)
admin
Site Admin

Re: GotoSource plugin not working with IntelliJ 2021.2.2

Post by admin »

Hello,

First, really sorry for the very late response, all the posts on this forum were silently queued, but it's now fixed.

This issue happened because of new breaking changes introduced in IntelliJ IDEA, and a new version of the LogMX plugin for IntelliJ is available: https://logmx.com/downloads/LogMX-GotoS ... -later.zip (this new plugin version will be included in the next LogMX release)

Let me know if you still have issues!
Xavier
ajk

Post by ajk »

Thanks for the updated plugin, but I get a different error now and it's still not working. I'll paste the error below.

Andy

Cannot create listener

com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginException: Cannot create class com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource.idea.PluginListener (classloader=PluginClassLoader(plugin=PluginDescriptor(name=LogMX GotoSource, id=com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource, descriptorPath=plugin.xml, path=~\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2021.2\plugins\LogMXIntelliJPlugin.jar, version=1.0.3, package=null), packagePrefix=null, instanceId=71, state=active))
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.instantiateClass(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:870)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.createListener(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:908)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.CompositeMessageBus.subscribeLazyListeners(CompositeMessageBus.java:177)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.CompositeMessageBus.doComputeSubscribers(CompositeMessageBus.java:147)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImpl.computeSubscribers(MessageBusImpl.java:348)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.CompositeMessageBus.computeSubscribers(CompositeMessageBus.java:141)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.CompositeMessageBus$ToDirectChildrenMessagePublisher.lambda$publish$0(CompositeMessageBus.java:103)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.computeIfAbsent(ConcurrentHashMap.java:1705)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.CompositeMessageBus$ToDirectChildrenMessagePublisher.publish(CompositeMessageBus.java:103)
at com.intellij.util.messages.impl.MessageBusImpl$MessagePublisher.invoke(MessageBusImpl.java:175)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy37.appFrameCreated(Unknown Source)
at com.intellij.idea.IdeStarter.openProjectIfNeeded(IdeStarter.kt:98)
at com.intellij.idea.IdeStarter.main(IdeStarter.kt:77)
at com.intellij.idea.ApplicationLoader$startApp$3.run(ApplicationLoader.kt:185)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniRun.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:783)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(CompletableFuture.java:506)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1742)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1728)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:290)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.awaitQuiescence(ForkJoinPool.java:2984)
at com.intellij.idea.StartupUtil.start(StartupUtil.java:294)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.bootstrap(Main.java:123)
at com.intellij.idea.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: no such constructor: com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource.idea.PluginListener.<init>()void/newInvokeSpecial
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MemberName.makeAccessException(MemberName.java:959)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolveOrFail(MemberName.java:1101)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.resolveOrFail(MethodHandles.java:2030)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandles$Lookup.findConstructor(MethodHandles.java:1264)
at com.intellij.serviceContainer.ComponentManagerImpl.instantiateClass(ComponentManagerImpl.kt:830)
... 22 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/lightyosft/logmx/gotosource/util/PluginLogger
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MethodHandleNatives.resolve(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolve(MemberName.java:1070)
at java.base/java.lang.invoke.MemberName$Factory.resolveOrFail(MemberName.java:1098)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.lightyosft.logmx.gotosource.util.PluginLogger PluginClassLoader(plugin=PluginDescriptor(name=LogMX GotoSource, id=com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource, descriptorPath=plugin.xml, path=~\AppData\Roaming\JetBrains\IntelliJIdea2021.2\plugins\LogMXIntelliJPlugin.jar, version=1.0.3, package=null), packagePrefix=null, instanceId=71, state=active)
at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:235)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
... 28 more
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

Weird, I tried on 2 fresh machines (macOS + Windows), both with IntelliJ 2021.2.2, and I didn't have any issue. Maybe the old version of the plugin was not completely uninstalled, and caused some issues with the new one?
If the error persists: does it happen every time the IDE starts, or only during the install? (and if so, is it OK after a restart?)

Thanks for letting me know!

Xavier
ajk

Post by ajk »

I tried again. I removed the plugin and I checked the plugins folder in the AppData to make sure the file was gone and I restarted IntelliJ after removing the plugin and after installing it. The error still happens. It happens every time IntelliJ starts.

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, but I assume that should not make a difference. Also, IntelliJ version 2021.2.3 just came out and I updated to that version and I still get the same error.

I have a couple other plugins enabled, but they were running with the old version of IntelliJ when the LogMX plugin was working. Here is the full about information for IntelliJ if that's helpful.

IntelliJ IDEA 2021.2.3 (Ultimate Edition)
Build #IU-212.5457.46, built on October 12, 2021
Runtime version: 11.0.12+7-b1504.40 amd64
VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o.
Windows 10 10.0
GC: ParNew, ConcurrentMarkSweep
Memory: 1963M
Cores: 8
Non-Bundled Plugins: com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource (1.0.3), org.jetbrains.kotlin (212-1.5.31-release-546-IJ4638.7), com.bruce.intellijplugin.generatesetter (2.8), net.hexar.json2pojo (1.1.0)
Kotlin: 212-1.5.31-release-546-IJ4638.7

Thanks for trying to figure this out.
Andy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I updated my 2021.2.2 to 2021.2.3 and it still worked, even after uninstalling the plugin and re-installing it (in 2021.2.3).
Are you installing the plugin via this option?:
intellij.png
intellij.png (18.86 KiB) Viewed 57029 times
And when doing so, do you pick the whole file I linked above? ("LogMX GotoSource IntelliJ IDEA v2020.2-and-later Plug-in.zip"). Even if this zip contains JARs, the ZIP itself should be installed, not the individual JARs it contains (maybe stating the obvious sorry, just making sure!).

What intrigues me is that the stack trace you get doesn't make sense: the default constructor "com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource.idea.PluginListener.<init>()" exists, as well as the class "com/lightyosft/logmx/gotosource/util/PluginLogger" (I can see these in the ZIP file mentioned above).

Let me know!

IntelliJ IDEA 2021.2.3 (Community Edition)
Build #IC-212.5457.46, built on October 12, 2021
Runtime version: 11.0.12+7-b1504.40 amd64
VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o.
Windows 10 10.0
GC: G1 Young Generation, G1 Old Generation
Memory: 2048M
Cores: 8
Non-Bundled Plugins: com.lightysoft.logmx.gotosource (1.0.3)
Kotlin: 212-1.5.31-release-546-IJ4638.7
ajk

Post by ajk »

That was the issue. I was installing it wrong. I assumed I was supposed to unzip the ZIP file and install the jar inside. It looked like it worked doing that, but obviously that was wrong. I removed the plugin and installed it correctly, selecting the ZIP file, and it's working now.

Thanks for your help.
Andy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Happy to hear it :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Updates for people seeing this forum thread: LogMX v8.2.0 has been released today, and it includes this new version of IntelliJ plug-in that supports IntelliJ 2020+

Xavier