Issue with hiding emitters

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

joost

Issue with hiding emitters

Post by joost »

Right click on an entry provides option "Hide other emitters". After selecting this option, how can it be undone/reversed?

So for example, I hide emitter A and B. Then I select an entry by emitter C, and select "Hide other emitters". Now how can I go back to only hiding emitter A and B again?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with hiding emitters

Post by admin »

Hello,

To do that you may want to use the Save & Load "Filtering State" features: at any time, when the set of displayed/hidden emitters is fine for you, click on the "Filtering State" button in the main toolbar (between Filter and Calendar buttons), then "Save current filtering state" (or "Save current filtering state as..." if you want to give a name to this state. Then you can show/hide any emitters and go back to the previously saved state by clicking on the Filtering State button again, then on the Filtering State you just saved.

Please note that it also saves Filters and Level states.

In fact, we did not designed "undo/redo show/hide emitters" features to avoid complex UI elements, it is hard to keep a software nice and easily usable while providing a lot of features.

Xavier
joost

Re: Issue with hiding emitters

Post by joost »

Ok thanks, I'll try that out.