Many Tabs

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

FerdyRatTara

Many Tabs

Post by FerdyRatTara »

I was trying the evaluation version of LogMX and when I open many tabs (with long names), they don't wrap and they disappear off the edge of the screen. Can that be changed?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Many Tabs

Post by admin »

Hello,

When you have many tabs with long file names, 2 things should happen: the name displayed on tabs should be shortened like "Beginning of[...]of file name" (instead of "Beginning of file name and then end of file name"), and then a label should be displayed at the right of the tabs, including a number and ">>": the displayed number is the number of opened tabs, and if you click on this label, a menu will be displayed with all your tabs so that you can go to any tab you want from this menu.

Here is how it should look like:

Please note that you can also switch to another tab using the menu "Window" then option "Select".

If you still have trouble, please let me know.

Xavier
StantonLay

Post by StantonLay »

How many tabs can you have before these issues start to surface btw?
Check out the best insulated hunting boots here.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

I'm not sure which issue you are talking about. From what I know, there's no issues concerning these tabs. If you're talking about the text in the tabs being shortened (it's not a bug, it's a feature!) then it will happen when your tabs don't fit anymore in the window, so it depends on the size of your tabs and the size of your window (not directly related to just the number of tabs).

Please let me know if you have experienced any issues.

Xavier