problem size in display hidpi (full hd)

Any other thing not listed below...

Moderator: admin

utilisateur00

problem size in display hidpi (full hd)

Post by utilisateur00 »

Hello. I have a problem with the display of the graphical interface. The size of the font and the buttons is very small.

I am working with a 16:9 screen PC in Full HD.

With the option -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 , the size becomes very big !

With -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.5 (OR 1.6, ...) , LogMX doesn't accept floating point values (It runs as with value=1) !
How to solve this problem ?
admin
Site Admin

Re: problem size in display hidpi (full hd)

Post by admin »

Hello,

First, really sorry for the very late response, all the posts on this forum were silently queued, but it's now fixed.

I think we actually exchanged about this issue by email recently :) (probably because your message couldn't be posted on this forum sorry). For the records, and to help other users that may have a similar issue, here's what we discussed by mail:

It works well on Windows with both Java 11 and 13, and a ratio of 1.5 is really in between 1.0 and 2.0 in terms of sizes. But apparently on your Linux distribution, it doesn't work with Java 16 (v16.0.2 2021-07-20). So the alternative was to change the default font size used by LogMX, which provides way smoother display, but some elements like images without text won’t get bigger (to do so: menu “Tools” > “Options” > “Encoding” > “Font size”).

Let me know if you have any other questions or updates!

Xavier