SFTP Manager not working

Any other thing not listed below...

Moderator: admin

reachtosatish

SFTP Manager not working

Post by reachtosatish »

Hi ,

Couple issues i am seeing whenever i am using logMX pro(5.5.1) on windows 7 and trying SFTP manager

1.Whenever i configure SFTP manager as priority 1 then i see LogMx is failing even to open logs(i mean nothing works) and not sure what is wrong?

2.The log Managers are not getting refreshed when i try to change from SCP to SFTP?

May i know if i am doing anything wrong here or is it a bug in the editor?

**Kindly note i am a new user to this tool.

Thanks
satish
admin
Site Admin

Re: SFTP Manager not working

Post by admin »

Hello Satish,

Sorry about that, you are right, this behavior is due to a bug introduced in v5.5.1.
A possible workaround is to open an SFTP file using the URL bar, at least once, restart LogMX, and then after that the "Open log(s)" window will work with all Managers as expected. To do so, simply type in a URL following this format in the white text field in the main toolbar:

Code: Select all

sftp://login@hostname/logfilefullpath
For example:

Code: Select all

sftp://john@127.0.0.1//var/log/messages
Please note the two slashes ("//") after the hostname: the first one is a delimiter and is part of the LogMX SFTP URL syntax, the other one is the log file path root (/var/log...).

PS: this bug is now fixed in v5.5.2 that should be released in a couple of days.

Xavier
reachtosatish

Re: SFTP Manager not working

Post by reachtosatish »

Thank you for the update.

Just to confirm, I have verified the issue on 5.5.2 and sftp is working as expected.

Great job from the team.

Thanks
satish yanamadala