Request for enhancements

Any other thing not listed below...

Moderator: admin

kpberg

Request for enhancements

Post by kpberg »

Hello LogMX team,
I'm now using LogMX_v1.2.6_pro and - although really satisfied :D - I have two requests for enhancements:

1) It would be nice if column removals (e.g., if I do not need the thread column) in the GUI would survive a restart of the tool, i.e., made PERSISTENT. Perhaps there should be another Option tab where I can control the column visibility.

2) In the same Option tab the user should be able to control column text left or right justification; and this feature should also be made persistent, so that selections will survive a tool restart.

What do you you think of my suggestions?

--Klaus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello Klaus,

Thanks for these features requests!

OK for feature 1), the next release will allow you to do that.
Unfortunately, for 2), we can't change the cells text justification due to Java Swing limitations (works with single-line text fields but not for multiple-lines text areas).

Another idea around table columns could be to allow the user to change default columns width (the next release will also include that).

Thanks!
Xavier
kpberg

Feature Requests

Post by kpberg »

Hello Xavier,
good to here that my requests will partially be honored.
I understand that JTextArea has no "right justsified" feature but I think your proposal to set the default column width could help us with this topic too...

Thanks.

--Klaus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

New version v1.3.0 now allows to set default Entries Table columns size, position, and visibility.

Feel free to post comments here on this new feature :)

Xavier