Add grouping options to filter criteria

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
joost

Add grouping options to filter criteria

Post by joost »

Add grouping options to filter criteria (parenthesis around and/or expressions). That way one can build expressions, for example, to filter out certain emitters for certain log levels only:

Code: Select all

( "Emitter" NOT equals "some.uninteresting.emitter" AND "Emitter" NOT equals "some.other.uninteresting.emitter" ) OR "Level" is or is more critical than "WARNING"
As far as I can see, this is not possible now...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Add grouping options to filter criteria

Post by admin »

Hello,

You are right, this is not possible at this time. We would also like to allow parenthesis, but the solutions we have found to do so did not look good enough for us:
  • allowing free text expressions (like the one you gave in example), which could lead to many syntax error (and less user-friendly),
  • and a graphical support that would make the UI much more complicated (buttons to add/remove parenthesis before/after a filter).
If you have an idea to allow this in a simple way, we would be happy that you share it with us :)

Thank you for your feedback.

John
joost

Post by joost »

I've come across a useable GUI for this, here's an example screen capture of how that implementation works. It's good enough for my purposes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1mygm0g2n2zb ... .mov?raw=1
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK thank you!
We will try to do some mock-ups to see how/if something similar can be integrated in LogMX.