Option to choose whether to open 32 or 64-bit version by default

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
Ian Gralinski

Option to choose whether to open 32 or 64-bit version by default

Post by Ian Gralinski »

When installing a new version of LogMX, it overwrites the registry key Command at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LightySoft\LogMX to point to the 32-bit version (LogMX.exe). This means that after each installation, I have to manually edit the registry key to point to LogMX-64.exe instead.

Can this be added as an option to the installer, so that default executable (32 or 64-bit) can be chosen?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Option to choose whether to open 32 or 64-bit version by default

Post by admin »

Hello,

Good idea.
The 32-bits version is currently used because the 32-bits launcher actually detects the lack of 32-bits Java and the presence of 64-bits Java, in which case it will automatically respawn as 64-bits (i.e. LogMX.exe calls LogMX-64.exe if needed). So you should not have to specifically choose the 64-bits version to use a 64-bits Java (except if you also have a valid 32-bits Java install). Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

In the meantime, to avoid losing your Registry key, you may want to uncheck the option "Add option 'Open with LogMX' in Windows Explorer context menu" in the installer.

Xavier
Reali

Re: Option to choose whether to open 32 or 64-bit version by default

Post by Reali »

Good idea Ian.