option to change the font of just the log grid

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
jpierce

option to change the font of just the log grid

Post by jpierce »

I see an option for changing the font of the entire program, but I really only want to change the font of the log grid. Specifically, I want to change it to a fixed width font, because some of the stuff being logged is output from a mainframe program where they line things up based on fixed width fonts.
admin
Site Admin

Re: option to change the font of just the log grid

Post by admin »

Hello,

Thanks for submitting your idea. It's a pretty good idea to use a monospaced font in this case for the table only (and not for the whole UI because that would indeed look weird!).

But I have one question though: how about the font size? Would you be able to pick a specific font size for the table as well? Or just the font name? Usually, monospaced fonts like "Courier [new]" have bigger characters than usual fonts, for the same font size (e.g. 11). I'm asking because right now you can increase/decrease the font size using the usual keyboard shortcut Ctrl+/Ctrl- for both the log entries table and the log entry details panel below.

Please let me know what you think, I'm adding this to our backlog and I'll post a message in this thread when the feature will be released.

Thanks,
Xavier
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well actually, I just realized: what about having the same font for both the log entries table AND the log entry details panel at the bottom? Because if you need a monospaced font for the table, you may also want to have the same this when looking at the entry details. What do you think?
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

Yes, I guess I was expecting the typical font chooser that let you pick both font and size, but didn't think to mention it.

And yes, I agree that it would also be necessary in the details pane. For us, we'd set both to monospace. Not sure about other people.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v7.7.0 has just been released, and it includes this feature :) (you can now change the table font in Options > Display)

Xavier