change grid separator color

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
jpierce

change grid separator color

Post by jpierce »

Would be nice to be able to change the grid separator color, or to get rid of it entirely. We'd prefer to have our logs as black with white text for most "normal" lines. Unfortunately, the gray grid separator ruins it.

I realize you might also need to pad the interior of the cells a bit more if you remove the lines.
admin
Site Admin

Re: change grid separator color

Post by admin »

Hello,

Thanks for submitting your idea, it looks indeed really nice with the new dark theme:

We'll add the option soon, I'll post a message in this thread to let you know when it's available!

Thanks,
Xavier
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

That's excellent! Thanks so much for the extremely fast turnaround.

I showed off LogMX to the boss and some other employees today and all were very impressed. I found writing the java parser a snap, even though I've only dabbled in it years ago. We kept saying things like "too bad it doesn't have a timeline". "Oh wait, it has a timeline."
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

In a similar vein, I wish the selected row color didn't have to obliterate the regular row color. I know it doesn't do it for the ID column, but it's often hard to see when you have a wide display. I'm wishing it was something more like
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

That's a good idea, but it would work only when the borders are not displayed (the new option we'll add thanks to this thread). With the borders ON, we will not see these top and bottom borders, or just barely if we make the borders thicker when a row is selected, but then the border would look too thick. I'm not sure what would be a good way to achieve that.
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

I assumed you would still be drawing borders, just in the color of the cell. Or if it selected, in the color of the selection. is that not how the component you are using works? What component is it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually, in the screenshot I included, there is no border. So for this case where there is no border (i.e. through new option available soon), we could draw such a blue row selection frame like in your screenshot but then we would not be able to draw the darker, thinner border for the selected cell (same for thicker purple border for matching cell). This is because each cell can is rendered using a component that can have only 1 border and 1 background. So for example, in your screenshot, we could not render the cell "Frame initialized", because it has 2 different borders. Technically it might be possible to render this through a custom background, but doing this would have an impact on rendering performance.

But I get your point, I agree it's not convenient to have the entry color only on a small cell at the left. I wanted to find something else and I tried to have the blue-background selection color only on every other cell, instead of starting at the 2nd... it's ugly. So we will keep your idea of "blue row outer border selection" in our backlog, and we'll see if we find a way to implement this properly.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v7.7.0 has just been released, and it includes this feature :) (you can now remove the table borders in Options > Display)

Xavier
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

Awesome! Looking forward to playing with it!