show all lines between two lines

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
jpierce

show all lines between two lines

Post by jpierce »

It would be really cool if you could select two lines and choose "show all lines between these" and it would pull in every hidden line that was between them (in addition to the lines already visible).

However, I'll say I realize how this doesn't fit into ANY of the paradigms that LogMX uses, and may be unworkable because of that. But it was an idea that I've found would help me figure out some problems.
admin
Site Admin

Re: show all lines between two lines

Post by admin »

Hello,

It's actually something we already had in our backlog, and we had already found a way to provide such a feature: when multiple rows are selected, and a right-click is made, we would add an item "Display only this range" in the "Filter entries" contextual sub-menu.

For now, when a single row is selected, this sub-menu contains 2 options to display only the entries [NOT] having this value for the right-clicked field. In the case of a multiple selection, these sub-menu options are disabled for now, so the idea would be to replace them with a new "Display only this range" option, which would add 2 filters: ID >= x AND ID <= y, so that it doesn't break the current logic (as you said, displaying an arbitrary list of entries without any criteria doesn't fit into any of the paradigms that LogMX uses for now ;)). By the way, you can already do that manually if you want: add 2 filters with conditions on the entries ID). Or like I do sometimes: using the mark keyboard shortcut Ctrl-F2 to quickly mark the begin/end of the range and then show all the entries and then use F2 to jump to these 2 boundaries.

So since another user (you!) asked for this feature, I just increased its priority (which was already 'medium', so it may end up in the next release, or the one after).

By the way, 4 of the other requests you suggested have been already implemented (hide entries table cells borders, change entries table font, remove correlation result, and new menu item + shortcut to maximize entry details), so they will be included in the next release. Thanks for this amazing feedback :D
jpierce

Post by jpierce »

Awesome! Thanks so much.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v7.7.0 has just been released, and it includes this feature :) (you can now show any given log entries range - and only these entries, by selecting at least 2 entries and right-clicking on the entries table)

Xavier